Friday, February 22, 2013

Vantage points..

Coffee after work

Time: A year and half ago..

It was during the days in first year. The guest lecture had just finished. So did my job of typing the draft and mailing it to my group. I packed the laptop and headed out. The phone buzzed as I was boarding the bus which was bound to campus.

The 'Trio': Back then in first year.
Picture taken by Mr. Young
It was Smart Dude. The idea of snacks struck him.This time the trio was accompanied Mr. Young. We headed to Caffee Coffee Day as it was one of the closer option available and my penchant for Frappe. Despite donning formals, I did not hesitate to head for coffee, as more or less I resembled a sales folk(no offence intended) tired after day's toil.

As we settled down, we ordered ourselves coffees and snacks. Gold Lady and Mr. Young took turns in clicking pictures. Smart Dude had a lengthy telephonic conversation and then joined us as the snacks were served.

Things have moved slow and such memories have always been at back of my mind. As I always believe, such moments can never be replicated, but we can cherish them forever.

Boredom on horizon

Time: Yesterday..

Saari duniya ek taraf hai, ek taraf hai hum..
When you smile for me, world seems alright..

A rejoiced Smart Dude replayed these lines again and again on his music system, as we were returning after some work. While returning a common notion struck me. What makes two, three or multiple persons as friends? Its 'purpose'. Each and every person in the circle shares the same purpose: whether it may be as weird as going for booze or as pious as visit to holy place. The notion struck me as I wondered what made me to tag along with Smart Dude or Gold Lady or Mr.Brave n Strong or others.
Even the rays of sunshine could not
inspire Smart Dude to come out of
boredom. (Image quality regretted).

I did realize that friends not only have a common area of taste, but also
common area of distaste. From making faces on the prospect of certain dishes to dampening the emotions on the prospect of an unwelcome person, the range of common distaste varies.

As I ordered food from, Smart Dude was super busy in his world of boredom. Singing songs in super slow tempo, posing super sad expressions and recurring the lyrics like a stuck cassette player, Smart Dude exhibited all attributes of a bored person to a perfect level. Luckily we finished the food and headed back to campus.

We are tensed

Time: 2 weeks back..

"Sir, what do you do when you are in distress?" I asked a senior volunteer who was travelling with me in train.

"When I am distressed or don't feel comfortable, I say no. But saying no has its own set of advantages and disadvantages. I have had a lot of trade-offs to do in life. But ultimately I was confident of my skills. That gave me confidence" replied the old man.

I suddenly found his words of wisdom to be apt. Somewhere in heart I do believe that our confidence has some co-relationship with the faith we put on our skill sets.

A relaxed Mr. Savior
poses after presentation
The next day I had a presentation to deliver. The day was filled with tension as my presenting partner was drowned in his set of issues and I with mine(I had a subject presentation coinciding the same day). After initial rushing to faculties, we were blessed by their suggestions to incorporate changes.

The next day we had presentation. To our surprise, we were received well and provided with lots of constructive suggestions. The incident taught me one thing: listening to varied people sometimes brings new learning and hones your skills.

We came out relieved and had our pictures clicked. Mr. Savior, who supposedly happened to be my presenting partner was happy for the thing to go smoothly. Realizing that we happened to be in suits,we snapped pictures of selves.

Numerous vantage points as these lie in the memoirs in mind. Sometime when they get flashed, I feel luck recalling such rare moments.

1 comment: